Saturday, January 31, 2015

FRIENDS FOR LIFE

I was very excited after my first guitar class. Despite neck pain and prickling pain in my fingers, I really loved it. May be due to excitement, me and my cousin were extremely hungry. So we thought of going to a famous restaurant nearby to have perfect coffee and yummy ravva Idly.

The idea of having food in your favorite restaurant, that too on a weekend is bad. I mean food will be ready, but you will never find place to sit and enjoy it. We were quite irritated. Luckily we found a couple leaving and were successful in finally finding an empty 4 seated table.

While we were about to start eating, we were asked by an old man if the other two chairs are reserved. When we said no he was happy. He asked one of his friends to take a seat and pulled an other empty chair from the near by table for his other friend. He and his other friend went back to self service counter to bring the food they ordered for. While leaving they joked asking us to share our food with their friend who was sitting opposite to us.  They were happy or seemed to be happy. I was not sure. But one thing is for sure. They are FRIENDS FOR LIFE

The old man sitting started asking us questions. He asked if we can understand Kannada for which we nodded a Yes. He said restaurants these days are getting busy for which we nodded again. He might have been wondering if women at home are even least bothered to cook. The two friends who went to get food returned to the table with three bondas and 2 coffee . I thought one is against drinking coffee. But then they started eating bondas and shared coffee - 2/3...They started complaining how people mix water more than milk for a coffee. Their conversation had more jokes in complaining how world is. That is when I was sure that they are one set of happy friends. Then their conversation became a little bit serious. Though I could not get what they were talking about , I was sure they started talking about their own problems. No more jokes, they sat serious for some time. Then they started joking and laughing again. After all life is to be led by forgetting and forgiving. While Forgetting is God's best gift to human, forgiving is the best gift from a human to the other. It seems their friendship and spending time together filled their stomachs. 

After they left, me and my cousin got lost in thoughts of  how one should be lucky enough for being friends for such a long time.
I donot own this Picture.
Well in that case I was, am and will be lucky. I already have friends who really are so close to me. Though many of them likes irritating me a lot and though sometimes I avoid talking in front of them just to prevent me getting teased, I know that that is what best buddies do. When u really need a help they will never ever say No. 

I really really really wish that my friends will be FRIENDS FOR LIFE just like how the three old men were.  

No comments:

Post a Comment